Friday, February 3, 2017

Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy Duo

I doubled the number of shades of Revlon's ColorStay Gel Envy line in my stash when I bought the two most interesting ones from the recent display.

Win Big is a rose gold metallic shimmer. I used three coats for my swatch but two probably would have been fine. This is one of those polishes I can't quite decide on. It's very pretty and very sparkly, and I like the finish; I'm just not sure it's for me. Maybe if it were a bit less gold.







Smoke and Mirrors has a similar finish in a warm grey. I used three coats of this as well, though again two might have been fine. I thought I'd like this better against my skintone than the rose gold, but it's not quite right for me either. Maybe if it were more silver, cooler-toned.







So these two are not quite right for me, though they are pretty and I'm sure would look great on someone with a different complexion. I may still wear one of these for a full mani, because I do like the polishes and it's quite possible the mismatch with my skintone won't bother me in real life the way it does in macro shots.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love finishes like these ones, they're so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first one, such a gorgeous colour :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Win Big is my fav. Looks good on my skin tone and the color is so gosh darn pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.